It's fitting Julie would be the first person I post about - for 2 reasons. First of all, it's Julie's birthday today! Yeah! Happy Birthday Julie! Hope it was one of your best yet! And second of all, Julie was the first one to tell me that I am an encourager. :)
I first met Julie through Timberline church in Fort Collins. We were in a bible study together. It turned out, we were also both taking classes in nutrition to eventually become RD's. Not only is Julie smart and driven in her career, but she is a woman after God's own heart. I have never known anyone to pray so faithfully and trust in the Lord through any circumstance. We can go months between our conversations on the phone, and she never fails to bring up very specific prayer requests I have shared with her, and ask me how things are going. She inspires me to always treasure prayer - the amazing communication available to us with the Creator of the Universe. Julie, thank you for all the wonderful things you have shared with me and taught me along this journey. You are truly a light to this dark world. Love you!
Andrea
Andrea,
ReplyDeleteYour kind words bring joy to my heart. Thank you for using your gift to encourage me today.
Prayer, for me, has been the avenue of experiencing the nearness of God more than any other. During years of searching, prayer was just a simple question...."Are you really there Jesus? If you are, will you make yourself known to me?"
In October of 2005, I cried out to God through prayer, and He met me there. God took my "mustard-seed-size" faith and has been growing that seed through years of prayer.
I experience God most through praying for others. I don't really understand how it works....just that He wants us to pray for others and to trust Him to work in their lives.
I think prayer can take many forms, and discovering the many ways we can pray could take a life-time. Simply talking to God, praying Scripture over others, praying about specific areas of our lives, or praying traditional historical prayers all have their place in the Christian's walk with God. Reading this blog tonight, it's fitting that my mentor and friend, Barb, gave me a book called Prayer today by Richard Foster. I can't wait to dig in and learn more about this discipline.
Thank you Andrea... for the constant source of encouragement you have been to me through many ups and downs over the years. I'm so thankful for the Body and the way we all fit together. I love your blog and think it's a fabulous idea. Love you!
Julie